New Book – The Human Equation: The Constant in Human Development from Pre-Literacy to Post-Literacy – Book 1, The Human Equation Toolkit
The second of four books in a groundbreaking new series, The Human Equation Toolkit.
“We are very lucky indeed that Eric McLuhan and Wayne Constantineau are carrying on the McLuhan tradition of fearless investigation into territories that yield extraordinary insight. Strange and fascinating works.” —Douglas Coupland
In Book 1 of The Human Equation series, mime Wayne Constantineau and scholar Eric McLuhan explore the four positions of humans—standing, lying down, sitting, and kneeling—as the basis of all developments in culture, science, activity, and media. Now, in Book 2 of the series, they “do the math,” giving us a generic equation for reconciling pairs of opposites by emphasizing differences, and for unifying diverse elements by stressing sameness—creating a tool for investigating and transcending human development.
The late Wayne Constantineau was a mime and scholar who left behind him, at his death in 2006, his studies on mime and the insights of Marshall McLuhan. Eric McLuhan, who is bringing these studies to fruition in The Human Equation Toolkit, is also the author of Laws of Media (written with Marshall McLuhan), Electric Language, and The Role of Thunder in Finnegans Wake. He is also the editor of several collections of his father’s work.
By Eric Mcluhan and Wayne Constantineau
Filed under: Academic, Books, Education, Eric McLuhan, Ideas, Uncategorized | Leave a Comment
Tags: books, communication, culture, education, Eric McLuhan, ideas
A Man for All Media
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Tagsacademic advertising art articles biography books call for papers centenary communication conferences culture e-readers Edmonton education Eric McLuhan Europe events exhibitions global village ideas Internet interviews John Lennon Laws of Media lectures literature McLuhan media media ecology meetings music Northrop Frye photography print reading religion review rhetoric technology Ted Carpenter Toronto TV university video Winnipeg
- » A Publishing Primer for Education Grad students Virtual Canuck terrya.edublogs.org/2013/05/24/a-p… 12 hours ago
- How the internet is using us all | TLS the-tls.co.uk/tls/public/art… 12 hours ago
- Why Do I Teach? - NYTimes.com opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/05/22/why… 1 day ago
- Internet bill would unlock personal details, says watchdog - Technology & Science - CBC News cbc.ca/news/technolog… 1 day ago
- The Recorded Voice Of Virginia Woolf - YouTube youtube.com/watch?feature=… 2 days ago