McLuhan in Europe 2011 Lecture
Marshall McLuhan + Christian Bök = ???
Watch Darren Wershler deliver a lecture on Marshall McLuhan and contemporary poetry at McLuhan in Europe 2011. According to the author: “The text concerns both the importance of thinking about McLuhan in terms of poetics and the implications that contemporary projects like Christian Bök’s Xenotext Experiment have for thinking about communications and media.”
About Dr. Darren Werschler: My work focuses on the relationship between avant-garde art and writing on one hand and communication studies and media history on the other. Inside the academy, I’ve been a professor in both English and Communication Studies departments. I’ve also worked professionally as a writer, editor, designer and publisher of print and new media. As a result, I take an interdisciplinary approach to research and teaching, and am committed to the notion that universities need to search continually for ways to build connections to people, organizations and things outside of themselves. (Source: https://goo.gl/hVzzzQ )
Filed under: Centenary, Conferences, Ideas, Lectures, Literature, Scholars | Leave a Comment
Tags: centenary, culture, Europe, events, literature
A Man for All Media
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Tagsacademic advertising anniversary art articles biography books business call for papers centenary communication conferences culture DEW Line cards e-readers Edmonton education Eric McLuhan Europe events exhibitions films Glenn Gould global village humour ideas information Innis Internet interviews John Lennon journalism language Laws of Media lectures letters libraries literature McLuhan McLuhan Centre McLuhan Quotes media media ecology medium is the massage meetings music Neil Postman newspapers New York Northrop Frye Ong Other MM Publications Performance photography pictures politics print radio reading References religion review rhetoric science technology Ted Carpenter theatre theory Toronto tribal TV university video website Winnipeg
- How technology spawned a global village — and created a world of dissension &@strife mcluhangalaxy.wordpress.com/2017/04/23/how… 2 days ago
- Someone combined the best parts of the Kindle and iPad mashable.com/2017/04/18/pap… via @mashable 6 days ago
- Postmodern Display: Staging the Mind of Marshall McLuhan – The Illumination of… mcluhangalaxy.wordpress.com/2017/04/14/pos… https://t.co/pLhGrmzefD 1 week ago
- The Movie Theatre Blowhard From Annie Hall Finally Gets His Say mcluhangalaxy.wordpress.com/2017/04/06/the… https://t.co/VsrdsiQ5de 2 weeks ago
- A Technology Example of McLuhan’s Reversal of Cause and Effect mcluhangalaxy.wordpress.com/2017/03/29/a-t… https://t.co/GaUWs0SFsN 3 weeks ago