Dr. Elena Lamberti to Launch Marshall McLuhan’s Mosaic at York University
Dr. Rishma Dunlop, Department of English, York University
invites you to a book launch and reception
to celebrate the publication of
Dr. Elena Lamberti’s groundbreaking new book
One hundred years after Marshall McLuhan’s birth, Elena Lamberti explores a fundamental, yet neglected aspect of his work: the solid humanistic roots of his original ‘mosaic’ form of writing. In this investigation of how his famous communication theories were influenced by literature and the arts, Lamberti proposes a new approach to McLuhan’s thought. Reconnecting McLuhan with his literary past, Marshall McLuhan’s Mosaic is a demonstration of one of his greatest
ideas: that literature not only matters, but can help us understand the hidden patterns that rule our environment.
“Marshall McLuhan’s Mosaic is the truly refreshing and fresh engagement with McLuhan’s writing that the digital age has been waiting for.” —Linda Hutcheon, University of Toronto
Dr. Lamberti is a research professor in the Department of Foreign Languages and Literature at the University of Bologna, Italy, where she teaches American and Canadian Literature and Culture.
Tuesday, April 10, 3:30 pm-5:30 pm, Executive Dining Room, Schulich School of Business, York University
This event is generously sponsored by The Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies, The McLuhan Initiative for the Study of Multiple Literacies at Founders College, York International, and The Robarts Centre for Canadian Studies, York University.
Filed under: Academic, Books about McLuhan, Education, Events, Ideas, Literature, Publishing, Reading, Scholars | Leave a Comment
Tags: academic, culture, education, events, ideas, literature, media, Toronto, university
A Man for All Media
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Tagsacademic advertising anniversary art articles biography books business call for papers centenary communication conferences culture DEW Line cards e-readers Edmonton education Eric McLuhan Europe events exhibitions films Glenn Gould global village humour ideas information Innis Internet interviews John Lennon journalism language Laws of Media lectures letters libraries literature McLuhan McLuhan Centre McLuhan Quotes media media ecology medium is the massage meetings music Neil Postman newspapers New York Northrop Frye Ong Other MM Publications Performance photography pictures politics print radio reading References religion review rhetoric science technology Ted Carpenter theatre theory Toronto tribal TV university video website Winnipeg
- Special Issue of The Journal of Media Literacy on Agency mcluhangalaxy.wordpress.com/2017/03/23/spe… https://t.co/D4NoL8cG9I 8 hours ago
- New Book Publication Announcement: The Lost Tetrads of Marshall McLuhan By Marshall McLuhan… mcluhangalaxy.wordpress.com/2017/03/22/new… https://t.co/lChSaLxxKk 1 day ago
- McLuhan Centre Monday Night Seminar – Showcasing Undergraduate Student Work, March 27 mcluhangalaxy.wordpress.com/2017/03/21/mcl… https://t.co/msVwQ5cK7Z 2 days ago
- A Short Video on Marshall McLuhan & “The Medium Is The Message” mcluhangalaxy.wordpress.com/2017/03/20/a-s… https://t.co/2ByGb56gZD 3 days ago
- B.W. Powe’s Homage to Leonard Cohen, February,@2017 mcluhangalaxy.wordpress.com/2017/03/18/b-w… https://t.co/65pjFhEbxX 5 days ago