An Essay on Marshall McLuhan’s Tetrads
The Tetrad: a dialectical model of media ecology theory
This paper explores media ecology theories to demonstrate that critical thought remains subject to the biases of the artist and the viewer. Many expressions of art, design and new media are created as an explicit or implicit voice of the artist’s reflection of the biases of his or her work. Media ecology studies examine these biases with an aim to understand how communications media, including the forms of art, design and new media, help create the environment in which people and society interact and how the arts in general play a major role is such interaction.
In this paper I will focus primarily on the making of art as the principal subject for applying McLuhan’s Laws of Media to art’s relationship to technology and new media. Original source: http://tinyurl.com/cy7jrnu .
Download paper from here http://tinyurl.com/cy7jrnu
Filed under: Academic, Articles, Blog Posts, Ideas, Laws of Media | 1 Comment
Tags: academic, articles, culture, education, ideas, Laws of Media
A Man for All Media
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Tagsacademic advertising anniversary art articles biography books business call for papers centenary communication conferences culture DEW Line cards e-readers Edmonton education Eric McLuhan Europe events exhibitions films Glenn Gould global village humour ideas information Innis Internet interviews John Lennon journalism language Laws of Media lectures letters libraries literature McLuhan McLuhan Centre McLuhan Quotes media media ecology medium is the massage meetings music Neil Postman newspapers New York Northrop Frye Ong Other MM Publications Performance photography pictures politics print radio reading References religion review rhetoric science technology Ted Carpenter theatre theory Toronto tribal TV university video website Winnipeg
- New Book Publication Announcement: THE RESPONSIVE CHORD (2nd edition) by Tony Schwartz mcluhangalaxy.wordpress.com/2017/02/23/new… https://t.co/DPpxewK9mr 18 hours ago
- New Book Publication Announcement – Taking Up McLuhan’s Cause Perspectives on Media and Formal Causality mcluhangalaxy.wordpress.com/2017/02/22/new… 2 days ago
- New Book Publication Announcement – Remediating McLuhan by Richard Cavell mcluhangalaxy.wordpress.com/2017/02/21/new… https://t.co/iIJoYoVWSP 3 days ago
- Photographs From the transmediale Marshall McLuhan 2017 Lecture by Dr. Dr. Sarah… mcluhangalaxy.wordpress.com/2017/02/18/pho… https://t.co/yBCFr2TNJP 5 days ago
- Marshall McLuhan Predicted Digital-Mediated Tribalism mcluhangalaxy.wordpress.com/2017/02/16/mar… https://t.co/Em0wIP0dwl 1 week ago