Invitation to Marshall McLuhan’s 104th Birthday Luncheon, St. Michael’s College, Toronto
With the Pan American Games currently on in Toronto and surrounding areas, we remember that Marshall McLuhan was both a sailing enthusiast, as well as a rower. Here he is in his Cambridge University Rowing jacket:
Marshall McLuhan, 1973. Photograph: Mohan Juneja
Tuesday, July 21 will be the 104th anniversary of Marshall McLuhan’s birth. To mark the occasion we are organizing at St. Michael’s College a luncheon just like the one last year. It will be nothing fancy, just an excuse to get together and talk about the McLuhan Legacy among the members of the McLuhan community. Lunch can be purchased in the Canada Room, the student cafeteria, and will cost you less than $10. The food is reasonable and I have eaten it many times, as they serve the same meals in the St Mike’s faculty lunch room. The room will be fairly noisy, as the kids from St. Mike’s summer camp eat there as well, but we will eat our lunch in the Senior Common Room , easily accessed from the Canada Room. It is a quiet place where we can eat in peace and have a good conversation.
Marshall McLuhan (on the right) at St, Michael’s College
Filed under: Announcement, Events, Meetings, Remembrance | 4 Comments
Tags: events, meetings, Toronto, university
A Man for All Media
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Tagsacademic advertising anniversary art articles biography books business call for papers centenary communication conferences culture DEW Line cards e-readers Edmonton education Eric McLuhan Europe events exhibitions films Glenn Gould global village humour ideas information Innis Internet interviews John Lennon journalism language Laws of Media lectures letters libraries literature McLuhan McLuhan Centre McLuhan Quotes media media ecology medium is the massage meetings music Neil Postman newspapers New York Northrop Frye Ong Other MM Publications Performance photography pictures politics print radio reading References religion review rhetoric science technology Ted Carpenter theatre theory Toronto tribal TV university video website Winnipeg
- McLuhan Salon #5: Toronto Creative City mcluhangalaxy.wordpress.com/2017/03/27/mcl… https://t.co/mWM8Z889FS 1 day ago
- The Great Marshall McLuhan-Northrop Frye Debate, At the McLuhan Centre for Culture &… mcluhangalaxy.wordpress.com/2017/03/25/the… https://t.co/x66WYIwmdU 3 days ago
- Special Issue of The Journal of Media Literacy on Agency mcluhangalaxy.wordpress.com/2017/03/23/spe… https://t.co/D4NoL8cG9I 5 days ago
- New Book Publication Announcement: The Lost Tetrads of Marshall McLuhan By Marshall McLuhan… mcluhangalaxy.wordpress.com/2017/03/22/new… https://t.co/lChSaLxxKk 6 days ago
- McLuhan Centre Monday Night Seminar – Showcasing Undergraduate Student Work, March 27 mcluhangalaxy.wordpress.com/2017/03/21/mcl… https://t.co/msVwQ5cK7Z 1 week ago