McLuhan Program in Culture & Technology Winter Program Week 1: Monday Night Seminar, JAN 25 & Book Salon, JAN 27, Toronto
Engaging Community (Inaugural season Monday night seminar) – Is there a global village?
With Rohinton Medhora, Bonnie Rubenstein, Nora Young
also been actively engaged with the curation and organization of visual arts exhibitions at major museums and galleries for CONTACT and previously for Lisson Gallery, London, the Museum of Contemporary Art, Chicago, and the Royal Ontario Museum, Toronto.
Wednesday, 27 January 2016, 6:00 – 8:00 PM
With Paul Levinson, Ira Nayman, Hugh Spencer
This essay can be considered a new chapter in my book Digital McLuhan, published in 1999, or before the advent of Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and the social media of our age. Marshall McLuhan’s ideas, including hot and cool, the medium is the message, and the tetrad, are applied to help us understand selfies, tweeting, iconic television shows such as The Sorpanos and Mad Men, the Arab Spring, the U.S. Presidential election of 2016, and the Kindle revolution itself.
Paul Levinson, PhD, is Professor of Communication & Media Studies at Fordham University in New York City.
McLuhan Centre for Culture and Technology
39A Queens Park Crescent E. – Parking available off 121 St. Joseph St. Toronto [map]
Filed under: Academic, Announcement, Education, Events, Ideas, Media Ecology, Meetings, New Media, Scholars | Leave a Comment
Tags: academic, communication, culture, education, events, ideas, McLuhan Centre, Toronto, university
A Man for All Media
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Tagsacademic advertising anniversary art articles biography books business call for papers centenary communication conferences culture DEW Line cards e-readers Edmonton education Eric McLuhan Europe events exhibitions films Glenn Gould global village humour ideas information Innis Internet interviews John Lennon journalism language Laws of Media lectures letters libraries literature McLuhan McLuhan Centre McLuhan Quotes media media ecology medium is the massage meetings music Neil Postman newspapers New York Northrop Frye Ong Other MM Publications Performance photography pictures politics print radio reading References religion review rhetoric science technology Ted Carpenter theatre theory Toronto tribal TV university video website Winnipeg
- McLuhan Salon #5: Toronto Creative City mcluhangalaxy.wordpress.com/2017/03/27/mcl… https://t.co/mWM8Z889FS 1 day ago
- The Great Marshall McLuhan-Northrop Frye Debate, At the McLuhan Centre for Culture &… mcluhangalaxy.wordpress.com/2017/03/25/the… https://t.co/x66WYIwmdU 3 days ago
- Special Issue of The Journal of Media Literacy on Agency mcluhangalaxy.wordpress.com/2017/03/23/spe… https://t.co/D4NoL8cG9I 5 days ago
- New Book Publication Announcement: The Lost Tetrads of Marshall McLuhan By Marshall McLuhan… mcluhangalaxy.wordpress.com/2017/03/22/new… https://t.co/lChSaLxxKk 6 days ago
- McLuhan Centre Monday Night Seminar – Showcasing Undergraduate Student Work, March 27 mcluhangalaxy.wordpress.com/2017/03/21/mcl… https://t.co/msVwQ5cK7Z 1 week ago