Discourse * Disconnect: Is there a crisis in critical thinking? A Panel Discussion at the McLuhan Centre, Toronto, May 18
The Association for Media Literacy in association with the McLuhan Centre for Culture & Technology presents…..Is there a crisis in critical thinking?There is understandable excitement in living, teaching and learning through media technologies. But are we studying technologies’ effects on thinking, learning and relating? Does 21st Century life need a strong dose of Marshall McLuhan?Wednesday, 18 May 2016, 6:00 – 8:00 PMMcLuhan Centre for Culture and Technology
39A Queens Park Crescent E.
Panelists:Dr. Sarah Sharma: Director, McLuhan Program in Culture and TechnologySylvie Webb: English/Language Arts Coordinator, Toronto District School Board, Media Studies Additional Qualifications Instructor, AuthorCarol Arcus: Vice President, The Association for Media LiteracyAgnes Kruchio: Researcher, editor, author, librarian, educator, University of TorontoNeil Andersen: President, Association for Media literacy, Media Studies Additional Qualifications Instructor, Author
Reserve a Seat via Eventbrite: https://goo.gl/37GHyA
Filed under: Academic, Announcement, Education, Events, Ideas, Media Literacy, Scholars, Technology | Leave a Comment
Tags: academic, communication, culture, education, events, ideas, McLuhan Centre, media, Toronto, university
A Man for All Media
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Tagsacademic advertising anniversary art articles biography books business call for papers centenary communication conferences culture DEW Line cards e-readers Edmonton education Eric McLuhan Europe events exhibitions films Glenn Gould global village humour ideas information Innis Internet interviews John Lennon journalism language Laws of Media lectures letters libraries literature McLuhan McLuhan Centre McLuhan Quotes media media ecology medium is the massage meetings music Neil Postman newspapers New York Northrop Frye Ong Other MM Publications Performance photography pictures politics print radio reading References religion review rhetoric science technology Ted Carpenter theatre theory Toronto tribal TV university video website Winnipeg
- How technology spawned a global village — and created a world of dissension &@strife mcluhangalaxy.wordpress.com/2017/04/23/how… 2 days ago
- Someone combined the best parts of the Kindle and iPad mashable.com/2017/04/18/pap… via @mashable 6 days ago
- Postmodern Display: Staging the Mind of Marshall McLuhan – The Illumination of… mcluhangalaxy.wordpress.com/2017/04/14/pos… https://t.co/pLhGrmzefD 1 week ago
- The Movie Theatre Blowhard From Annie Hall Finally Gets His Say mcluhangalaxy.wordpress.com/2017/04/06/the… https://t.co/VsrdsiQ5de 2 weeks ago
- A Technology Example of McLuhan’s Reversal of Cause and Effect mcluhangalaxy.wordpress.com/2017/03/29/a-t… https://t.co/GaUWs0SFsN 3 weeks ago