McLuhan Salon: Rethinking the Global Village, November 2
With Anne Michaels, Toronto’s Poet Laureate; Vickery Bowles, City Librarian, Toronto Public Library; and more…
McLuhan Salons: Rethinking the Global Village
Six bull sessions, six big ideas, six Toronto hot spots
This fall the McLuhan Centre for Culture & Technology at the University of Toronto is stepping out of the university and into the city, to better understand who we are, what matters to us, and where we might be going in a networked and rapidly changing world.
The McLuhan Salons will take place in six different dynamic city locations further dissolving the boundaries of the university and the city in bringing the multi-disciplinary multi-practice approaches to bear made famous by Marshall McLuhan.
The McLuhan Centre and these six salons are committed to breaking down the silos of academic disciplines, the university and society, public and private enterprise, art, business, civil society and individuals in order to release the energy of new and outrageous ideas, innovative thought, and transformative understanding and action.
The McLuhan Salons position the city as instructive in rethinking the larger interconnected global village. The collectivity of our global thought, actions and generational evolution are the defining principles the global human condition which we wish to explore. Each Salon will commence with moderated probative discussion within a panel of top leaders and thinkers, and will engage the audience.
DATE AND TIME: Wed, 2 November 2016 – 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM EDT – Add to Calendar
LOCATION: Toronto City Hall, 100 Queen Street West, Council Chamber of City Hall (3rd floor), Toronto, ON M5G 1P5 – View Map
PLEASE REGISTER TO ATTEND THIS EVENT: https://goo.gl/GTLnTR
Filed under: Academic, Announcement, Education, Events, Ideas, Meetings | 1 Comment
Tags: academic, communication, culture, education, global village, meetings, Toronto, university
A Man for All Media
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Tagsacademic advertising anniversary art articles biography books business call for papers centenary communication conferences culture DEW Line cards e-readers Edmonton education Eric McLuhan Europe events exhibitions films Glenn Gould global village humour ideas information Innis Internet interviews John Lennon journalism language Laws of Media lectures letters libraries literature McLuhan McLuhan Centre McLuhan Quotes media media ecology medium is the massage meetings music Neil Postman newspapers New York Northrop Frye Ong Other MM Publications Performance photography pictures politics print radio reading References religion review rhetoric science technology Ted Carpenter theatre theory Toronto tribal TV university video website Winnipeg
- Special Issue of The Journal of Media Literacy on Agency mcluhangalaxy.wordpress.com/2017/03/23/spe… https://t.co/D4NoL8cG9I 8 hours ago
- New Book Publication Announcement: The Lost Tetrads of Marshall McLuhan By Marshall McLuhan… mcluhangalaxy.wordpress.com/2017/03/22/new… https://t.co/lChSaLxxKk 1 day ago
- McLuhan Centre Monday Night Seminar – Showcasing Undergraduate Student Work, March 27 mcluhangalaxy.wordpress.com/2017/03/21/mcl… https://t.co/msVwQ5cK7Z 2 days ago
- A Short Video on Marshall McLuhan & “The Medium Is The Message” mcluhangalaxy.wordpress.com/2017/03/20/a-s… https://t.co/2ByGb56gZD 3 days ago
- B.W. Powe’s Homage to Leonard Cohen, February,@2017 mcluhangalaxy.wordpress.com/2017/03/18/b-w… https://t.co/65pjFhEbxX 5 days ago