McLuhan Centre Fall Program: Monday Night Seminar on Data Ethics, December 12
Monday Night Seminar: Data Ethics
LOCATION: McLuhan Centre for Culture & Technology, 39A Queens Park Crescent East off 121 St. Joseph St., Toronto, ON M5S 2C3 View Map
Monday Night Seminar, Monday, December 14th, 6:00 PM
With Ann Cavoukian, Three-term Privacy Commissioner of Ontario; Executive Director of the Privacy & Big Data Institute at Ryerson University;
and Milton Friesen, program director Social Cities at Cardus and Steering Committee of the Thriving Cities Project at the University of Virginia.
Moderator: Paolo Granata
Ann Cavoukian. Appointed as the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario, Canada in 1997, Dr. Ann Cavoukian served for an unprecedented three terms as Commissioner. In that time, she elevated the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner from a novice regulatory body to a first-class agency, known around the world for its cutting edge innovation and leadership. Dr. Cavoukian is best known for her creation of Privacy by Design – unanimously adopted as an international framework for privacy and data protection in 2010; now translated into 38 languages. As of July 1, 2014, she began a new position at Ryerson University as the Executive Director of the Privacy and Big Data Institute – Where Big Data meets Big Privacy.
Milton Friesen is a member of the think tank Cardus and is considered one of Canada’s leading thinkers in the area of social capital and its impact on neighbourhood development. Some of his project work has included creative team leadership, undergraduate teaching, marketing communications, editing, writing, interviewing, political campaign development, web strategies and content development.
REGISTER NOW at http://goo.gl/HLTziB
Filed under: Academic, Announcement, Education, Events, Media Ecology, Monday Night Seminar, New Media, Scholars, Technology | Leave a Comment
Tags: academic, communication, culture, education, events, meetings, technology, Toronto, university
A Man for All Media
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Tagsacademic advertising anniversary art articles biography books business call for papers centenary communication conferences culture DEW Line cards e-readers Edmonton education Eric McLuhan Europe events exhibitions films Glenn Gould global village humour ideas information Innis Internet interviews John Lennon journalism language Laws of Media lectures letters libraries literature McLuhan McLuhan Centre McLuhan Quotes media media ecology medium is the massage meetings music Neil Postman newspapers New York Northrop Frye Ong Other MM Publications Performance photography pictures politics print radio reading References religion review rhetoric science technology Ted Carpenter theatre theory Toronto tribal TV university video website Winnipeg
- How technology spawned a global village — and created a world of dissension &@strife mcluhangalaxy.wordpress.com/2017/04/23/how… 2 days ago
- Someone combined the best parts of the Kindle and iPad mashable.com/2017/04/18/pap… via @mashable 6 days ago
- Postmodern Display: Staging the Mind of Marshall McLuhan – The Illumination of… mcluhangalaxy.wordpress.com/2017/04/14/pos… https://t.co/pLhGrmzefD 1 week ago
- The Movie Theatre Blowhard From Annie Hall Finally Gets His Say mcluhangalaxy.wordpress.com/2017/04/06/the… https://t.co/VsrdsiQ5de 2 weeks ago
- A Technology Example of McLuhan’s Reversal of Cause and Effect mcluhangalaxy.wordpress.com/2017/03/29/a-t… https://t.co/GaUWs0SFsN 3 weeks ago