McLuhan on Campus Exhibit (Oct 13 – Dec 20, 2016) Featured on Salt + Light Television
Click on images for closer view.
A multi-media exhibition – Oct 13-Dec 20, 2016
John M. Kelly Library, St. Michael’s College, 113 St. Joseph Street, Toronto
Explore the development of Marshall McLuhan’s theories in the context of his academic and personal life at the University of St. Michael’s College. McLuhan’s central role in the rise of the Toronto School of Communication is presented through artifacts, audio, texts, video and photographs selected from archival repositories across the University of Toronto and the Federated Colleges of St. Michael’s, Trinity and Victoria. The exhibition will feature items drawn from the Special Collections and holdings at St. Michael’s, including material from the Sheila and Wilfred Watson archives, Donald Theall papers and Marshall McLuhan collection. Rare and intimate examples on display include McLuhan’s correspondence and collaborations with friends and colleagues on campus such as Claude Bissell, Tom Easterbrook, Carl Williams, Harold Innis, Edmund Carpenter and Northrop Frye.
On a recent episode of Catholic Focus, Salt + Light Television featured the McLuhan on Campus: Local Inspirations, Global Visions exhibit in the John M. Kelly Library at St. Michael’s College, University of Toronto. Host Deacon Pedro Guevara Mann spoke with Kelly Library Archivist Simon Rogers as well as Michael McLuhan, son of St. Mike’s very own Marshall McLuhan, about both the exhibit and the man behind it.
Photographs of the McLuhan on Campus Exhibit by Yours Truly
Filed under: Education, Exhibitions, Library, Photographs, Remembrance, Video | Leave a Comment
Tags: communication, culture, education, events, exhibitions, McLuhan, Toronto, university, video
A Man for All Media
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Tagsacademic advertising anniversary art articles biography books business call for papers centenary communication conferences culture DEW Line cards e-readers Edmonton education Eric McLuhan Europe events exhibitions films Glenn Gould global village humour ideas information Innis Internet interviews John Lennon journalism language Laws of Media lectures letters libraries literature McLuhan McLuhan Centre McLuhan Quotes media media ecology medium is the massage meetings music Neil Postman newspapers New York Northrop Frye Ong Other MM Publications Performance photography pictures politics print radio reading References religion review rhetoric science technology Ted Carpenter theatre theory Toronto tribal TV university video website Winnipeg
- How technology spawned a global village — and created a world of dissension &@strife mcluhangalaxy.wordpress.com/2017/04/23/how… 9 hours ago
- Someone combined the best parts of the Kindle and iPad mashable.com/2017/04/18/pap… via @mashable 4 days ago
- Postmodern Display: Staging the Mind of Marshall McLuhan – The Illumination of… mcluhangalaxy.wordpress.com/2017/04/14/pos… https://t.co/pLhGrmzefD 1 week ago
- The Movie Theatre Blowhard From Annie Hall Finally Gets His Say mcluhangalaxy.wordpress.com/2017/04/06/the… https://t.co/VsrdsiQ5de 2 weeks ago
- A Technology Example of McLuhan’s Reversal of Cause and Effect mcluhangalaxy.wordpress.com/2017/03/29/a-t… https://t.co/GaUWs0SFsN 3 weeks ago