A McLuhan Centre Event: Art + Feminism @ University of Toronto
By theLet’s help change Wikipedia gender-gap! Join us at the McLuhan Centre for Culture and Technology on Saturday, March 18, 2017 from 11 am to 5 p.m. for a communal updating of Wikipedia entries on subjects related to art and feminism.
Date/Time: Sat, March 18, 2017 – 11:00 am to 5:00 pm EDT
Location: McLuhan Centre for Culture and Technology, 39A Queen’s Park, Toronto, ON M5S 2C3
Free! Everyone welcome! No previous experience required!
Wikimedia’s gender trouble is well-documented. While the reasons for the gender gap are up for debate, the practical effect of this disparity, however, is not. Content is skewed by the lack of female participation. This represents an alarming absence in an increasingly important repository of shared knowledge.
Let’s change that. Join us at the McLuhan Centre for Culture and Technology on Saturday, March 18, 2017 from 11 am to 5 pm for a communal updating of Wikipedia entries on subjects related to art and feminism. Last year, over 1500 participants at more than 75 events around the world participated in the second annual Art+Feminism Wikipedia Edit-a-thon, resulting in the creation of nearly 400 new pages and significant improvements to 500 articles on Wikipedia.
We will provide tutorials for the beginner Wikipedian and refreshments. Bring your laptop, power cord and ideas for entries that need updating or creation.
What can I bring into the event? Bring your laptop!
How can I contact the organizer with any questions? firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE REGISTER HERE: https://goo.gl/TJeD23
Filed under: Academic, Announcement, Education, Events, Ideas, Publishing | 2 Comments
Tags: academic, communication, culture, education, events, Internet, McLuhan Centre, media, Toronto, university
A Man for All Media
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Tagsacademic advertising anniversary art articles biography books business call for papers centenary communication conferences culture DEW Line cards e-readers Edmonton education Eric McLuhan Europe events exhibitions films Glenn Gould global village humour ideas information Innis Internet interviews John Lennon journalism language Laws of Media lectures letters libraries literature McLuhan McLuhan Centre McLuhan Quotes media media ecology medium is the massage meetings music Neil Postman newspapers New York Northrop Frye Ong Other MM Publications Performance photography pictures politics print radio reading References religion review rhetoric science technology Ted Carpenter theatre theory Toronto tribal TV university video website Winnipeg
- How technology spawned a global village — and created a world of dissension &@strife mcluhangalaxy.wordpress.com/2017/04/23/how… 9 hours ago
- Someone combined the best parts of the Kindle and iPad mashable.com/2017/04/18/pap… via @mashable 4 days ago
- Postmodern Display: Staging the Mind of Marshall McLuhan – The Illumination of… mcluhangalaxy.wordpress.com/2017/04/14/pos… https://t.co/pLhGrmzefD 1 week ago
- The Movie Theatre Blowhard From Annie Hall Finally Gets His Say mcluhangalaxy.wordpress.com/2017/04/06/the… https://t.co/VsrdsiQ5de 2 weeks ago
- A Technology Example of McLuhan’s Reversal of Cause and Effect mcluhangalaxy.wordpress.com/2017/03/29/a-t… https://t.co/GaUWs0SFsN 3 weeks ago